Tbilisi International Airport is 18km (11 miles) east of city centre. To/from the airport: Train, mini-buses and taxis are available to the city centre (journey time – 30 minutes), state buses run throughout the day (website:
Tbilisi International Airport Flights
Airport Information Center: +995 32 243 31 41
Time is Local (GMT+4 Hours)
|Flight information is provided by
Important Information for Passengers!
According to the Civil Aviation Security Regulations, you are not allowed to carry:
In your luggage:
- Explosives (Gunpowder, firework, signal flash, etc.);
- Flammables (Solvent, paint, thinner, lighter, etc.);
- Solid or liquid chemicals.
In your hand luggage:
- All items listed above;
- Sharp, Cutting, Sharp-pointed and Blunt-pointed articles (Sword, Axe, Knife, Corkscrew, Scissors, Nail File, Nail, etc.);
- Fire Guns (Pistol, rifle, etc.).
According to the Civil Aviation Security Regulations, you are allowed to:
• Have in your checked-in baggage alcohol drinks, not more then 70% of alcohol contents, factory-made not more then 5L. per passenger;
• Carry in your hand luggage medication and diet items, including infant's food to be used during flight with you; you may be asked to demonstrate approve of necessity of such items during your flight;
• Have in your hand luggage only a constricted quantity of liquid substances– not more then 100 ml. each and it should be placed into transparent plastic frequentative (with sticker zips) bags no more then 1 L. per passenger;
• Purchase liquids (drinks, perfumes) in the Airport airside shops (Duty Free) or on board of the Aircraft. In case they are sold in special packing, do not open them before they are checked for flight safety reason in the Security Control Points – otherwise they will be confiscated. In case you are flying via any European Union State Airports do not open the package before you reach the final destination point.
• All these substances and items can be taken in addition to the quantity (maximum 1 L.) that you already carry in your hand baggage.
In order to identify liquid substances while performing the control you should:
- Show all the liquids you have with you to be checked at the Aviation Security Control Points;
- Take off the jacket and/or coat – they are checked separately parallel to your check;
- Remove PC notebook and other large size electrical devices – they are also checked separately parallel to your personal check.
In case you have any questions in connection with the above mentioned rules, please address to your Air Company for consultation.
Main ports: Batumi and Poti. Batumi and Poti provide international connections with the Black Sea ports of llichovsky (Ukraine), Varna (Bulgaria) and Bourgas (Bulgaria)
Getting to Georgia by rail is available from Republics of Armenia and Azerbaijan. The rail link from Russian Federation through Abkhazia is currently closed
Transcaucasus Railway overnight train.
Departures from Yerevan are on even days, from Tbilisi on odd days.
Transcaucasus Railway overnight train
There are daily departures from Baku and Tbilisi.
For more information see
Getting to Georgia by road is available from Republics of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkey. Other main routs in the north connecting Russian Federation with Georgia is closed.
Armenia - Georgia
Sadakhlo / Bagratashen (South- East Georgia). Distance to Tbilisi - 90 km.
Bavra (the Southern Georgia). Distance to Tbilisi- 330 km.
Azerbaijan - Georgia
Lagodekhi / Tsodna (Eastern Georgia). Distance to Tbilisi - 170 km,
Red Bridge (South - East Georgia). Distance to Tbilisi - 70 km.
Vakhtangisi (Southern Georgia). Distance to Tbilisi 60 km.
Georgia - Turkey
Sarpi (West Georgia). Distance to Tbilisi - 400 km.
Vale (South West Georgia). Distance to Tbilisi - 300 km.